Monday, May 05, 2008

Our Garden

Well here I am again. Now if I can just think of anything to say.

I am still working full time and have no idea when I will retire. I am still feeling pretty good and I really like my job. I am job coach for an adult day care center. I teach mentally challenged adults to mow lawns, weedeat and pull weeds, so they can make a few dollars. It is a very rewarding job, not financially but spiritually. To watch these guys grow is a whole new experience for me. In a way I learn as much from them as they do from me. I am thinking about retirement pretty soon though. I will soon be seventy years old and I want to spend more time with my wife.

We are getting ready to plant our garden . We weren't going to put in a garden this year, but we decided to because we both like fresh vegetables and they cost a fortune in the store, so we are going to put in a small garden. My wife is a big help to me. she drove the tractor and plowed with a turning plow, while I followed behind her with a tiller so we are about ready to plant. I am looking forward to picking peas, corn, beans, tomatoes and who knows what else.

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Fresh veggies rock! have you gotten everything planted yet?