Sunday, November 21, 2010

Holidays

Well the holidays are here and I am looking forward to Christmas,
and longing for the days when we went shopping for our kids Christmas presents.
Going to town, amid the sounds of Christmas everywhere, and returning home to wrap and hide the kids gifts.
Something that will not happen again. Our kids are grown and out shopping for their kids.
Not having kids around takes a lot of the joy out of Christmas.
I remember putting flour on the soles of my shoes, making tracks from the fireplace to the Christmas tree.
I remember the kids putting out cookies for Santa and I know Santa enjoyed them.
So I say to all my kids, I hope you still have these memories too.
Remember that I still love you and I always will.
To my loving wife, I thank you for all those wonderful years you have given to me.
I love all of you more than life.
Merry Christmas.

No comments: