Friday, April 11, 2008

Love of my Life

I married the love of my life June the 28th, 1963. We have been married almost 45 years and she is still the love of my life. We have been through many trials and many blessings of God. We have raised three wonderful children and they have given us 12 wonderful grandchildren. Now having said this, I am going to go back to the beginning and tell you something of our life.

When I first met Sue she was a quiet southern girl. She was very shy. For those of you who know her now, you will not believe this. She has now come into her own and that is good.

When we married I worked at a sawmill and I did not make much money. She scrimped and saved. We did not have much, but we had God in our lives. That is all we needed and she never complained, but I wanted to give her more. We decided to move to California, but that did not work out very good either, so we moved back to Arkansas. I got a job in construction. This was better than the sawmill, but when we finished the job, I did not want to follow the job so I went back to work at the sawmill.

We bought our first house. We paid $800.00 dollars for it. The payments were $38.00 per month and we still had a hard time making them, so we moved back to California. I found a job (again at a sawmill), but i made twice as much as I did in Arkansas. We were on a roll. Now we had money. we were catching up on everything, but then disaster struck. On the way home from work, I was hit by a freight train, but once again God was with us. My brother was in the car with me. He was in a coma fo 10 days, but came out okay. God spared us both.

While I was recuperating, I decided to go to college. I majored in Accounting and went to work for W. M. Beaty & Associates. That is when our life really turned around. Thanks to God. You will notice I give God a lot of credit for this. God is still a big part of our life and he has never failed us. No God is our life. As the song goes: Isn't it great when he's four days late he's still on time.

Now I am cutting this short, because most of my story is in a book my wife wrote, but I am going to post day to day things as they happen to me. Maybe even things about my wife. As you know she often posts about me.

No comments: