Monday, June 23, 2008

Great Week

I am expecting this to be a great week. It has all the makings of one. Thursday is my 70th birthday and Saturday is ny 45th wedding anniversary.

First I will talk about my birthday. I never thought I would live this long, but now that it is here I don't feel like it has been very long at all. As my older brother once said; If I had known I would live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. It has been good years and I am still working 40 hours a week, so I guess I am doing very well. Don't get me wrong I would like to live another 70 years.

Now I am going to talk about our anniversery ( Sue & I). This is more important than my birthday, except of course, we would not be celebrating our 45th anniversary if I had no 70th birthday.

I met my wife when she was just 5 years old. I was 13 years old. Many years later I met her again. Oh I knew her all these years, But I really met her when she was 17 years old. I returned home from the navy and there she was, a beautiful young lady and do you believe in love at first sight? I don't have to believe in love at first sight. I know it, because I experienced it. I had to have her for my wife. This is the love of my life and will always be the love of my life. These are not idle words. Our love has not faded, but has grown stronger over the years. I am not rich, but I am going to give her the world for our anniversary. I can,t give her the world in material things But I give her our world as we have lived it for 45 years. It has been wonderful. The joy we share includes Three wonderful children and 12 wonderful grandchildren. I want to say to my wife on our anniversary that my love for her is unfaltering and eternal. Happy Anniversery Sue. I love you with all my heart.

Love forever,
David

3 comments:

David/Sue said...

Thank you sweetheart, My life would end without you in it.I too feel so blessed, and Yes I do belive in Love at First Sight.
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH

Anonymous said...

That's so nice!


Hope you have a wonderful birthday on Thursday, I may not be able to call you guys until the weekend so know that we are thinking of you.

And Happy anniversary too

Kristina said...

Awww how sweet! I hope you have a fantasmic Birthday and a wonderful Anniversary. Just think less hten a week after your anniversary you get to see Sheri n the kids!